Marai: The Long Dark
In the ancient past, the Orcashir were once an simple elven tribe, and were most often gentle healers. But things change, and as time moved forward, the Orcashir began to experiment on the their bodies, and the bodies of others. Experimentation lead to mutilation, science lead to necromancy, and a society centered around life became obsessed with death. The Orcashir’s preoccupation with these things terrified the other elven races, and they were exiled to the Shadowfell, where they remained until the Great Elven War 4500 years ago.
Led by the terrible necromancer Nascalath, the Orcashir opened a shadow gate into the very heart of the Battle of Suran, unleashing a fury against their former kin. What should have been the end of a successful Kolar’thi and Qani’thi campaign against the Yuan’thi, became the beginning of something much worse. The Orcashir had returned, allied themselves with the nearly beaten Yuan’thi, and were determined to obtain revenge against those who exiled them.
Since the Treaty of Whitespear, the Orcashir have made the continents of Moritanu and Suranami their home, forcing all other Elven races to leave. In the end, the Orcashir exiled those who exiled themselves.
The Orcashir are tall and thin, with bleached white skin, black eyes, and a row of sharp, pointed teeth in larger jaws. Their limbs are gangly, which belies their inhuman strength, and each hand possesses four fingers with four joints, rather than the standard three, and a thumb with three. Their nails are usually long and unkempt, and both sexes are completely bald. The only facet that has any resemblance to their origin is their pointed ears.
Orcashir live in a complex and oddly honorable society. To the Orcashir, there is Ortar, family, clan, legion, and victim; in that order.Orcashir 4e Race:
- Average Height: 5’7” – 6’4”
- Average Weight: 130 – 180 lb
- Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 Squares
- Vision: Darkvision
- Languages: Orcash, Elven, Shadree
- Skill Bonuses: Endurance +2, Intimidate +2
- Orcashir Will: You receive a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense. In addition, you receive a +5 bonus against fear effects.
- Shadow Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Shadowfell, so you are considered a shadow creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
- Wretched Terror: Aura 2; Each enemy within the aura takes a -2 penalty to defenses against any power with the fear keyword. In addition, any enemy within the aura who is hit with a power containing the fear keyword suffers hit point damage equal to your Charisma modifier, if any.
Return to Races